question

dannyd avatar image
dannyd asked

Multiplus II 48/3000 with 42V battery (7x6V) possible

Hello, I was trying to find a thread with this question but didn't find it. So hopefully it is fine to open a new thread. My situation is that I have a 48V battery bank with 8x6V lead batteries. One of these is damaged and the others seem to be in very good state, still. I am planning to run now 7x6V in series with a Multiplus 2 48/3000. The nominal input voltage is defined as 38-66V according to the data sheet. My question is if I can change the voltage-settings for the battery charger like absorption-voltage or float voltage to adjust it to the 42V battery bank? And are there other issues why I should not do this (except a smaller power)? Thanks a lot!

chargerbattery system voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I ran this through Victron connect in demo mode. Seems the lowest float voltage you can set is 48V, and lowest absorption 50V. Up to you, but I think not.

If one battery, you'll probably be ok replacing that one. Not recommended practice, but probably get you the remaining extra life of the others

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dannyd avatar image
dannyd answered ·

Hello kevgermany, many thanks for your prompt response and the good idea to run Victron Connect in Demo mode. I retried and I could set the absorption to 48.1 (instead 50V), but this is not a game changer in this issue. So I will get a spare battery (possibly even a second hand one). Regards

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Chargers.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic