question

soky avatar image
soky asked

Multiplus 48/3000/35-50 shut-down after overload

I did not find any thread corresponding to my problem:
I have Multiplus 48/3000/35-50, I test overload many times up to 4500W
with power-assist, the input AC current is set to 25A and boost-factor is default (2.0)

But sometimes if I'm not home, the Multiplus sometime completely shut down after a relatively soft overload without any warning or alarm.

Before the last shutdown, the output current was 15A and the input current was 6.9A at 235.6 V.
Also see attached pictures of VE.bus state and MPPT state, I'm not using ESS or DVCC.

Also, there is a second issue, after shut down, mutiplus does not turn on.

I must switch to charge (Multiplus does not charge, the battery is full, only after a minute some the relay clicks) and after that, I can switch to on, see video.

down1.pnghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g41mycqi6Ug&ab_channel=MiroslavSokol

multiplus ve.bus
down1.png (36.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

My 24/3000/70 does the same, needs a power cycle (to off) to reset. Must be a bug in the firmware....

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

soky avatar image
soky answered ·

I noticed that when connecting to VE.config, sometimes the connection drops (I must switch to charger mode), and once wrote to me low battery voltage on the VE.bus device, 41.5V (i don't remember the exact value), but the battery voltage is ok even under load.

2 |3000

soky avatar image
soky answered ·

Hello

Can anyone help me with why I have these errors? And what are the errors, I did not find them in the manuals. See video.

https://youtube.com/shorts/PVw_RLMT1iw?feature=share

Also, Multiplus still detect low voltage, the battery is OK.
Please, anyone who could help me, the problems and blackouts have been going on for some time now, it's annoying to always manually turn on it when it randomly fails.

multiplus2.png

Thank you

multiplus2.png (31.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

antrac1t avatar image antrac1t commented ·
Do you solved this issue? Facing same problem ...
0 Likes 0 ·
soky avatar image
soky answered ·

I downgrade firmware to 2620482, but the problem is til there, the firmware problem is excluded

2 |3000

soky avatar image
soky answered ·

New update, I had some time and I did some investigation about my multiplus problem.

I partially solved my problem.

My observations:

1. Communication via MK3 after failure is only possible when the main switch is in charge mode, if the main switch is in ON mode, communication fails. Also comunication is possble when I turn on the inverter like in this video (listen for the click of the K1 relay ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g41mycqi6Ug&ab_channel=MiroslavSokol

2. I tried to set default settings, but if the setting was applied, one relay started clicking (I suspect that it is the primary programming relay, the one on the top right). The relay clicking always when the main switch is in ON mode or charge-only mode. When relay clicking the communication fails after each click.

3. When I disconnect the battery a connect again, the relay not clicking in charge-only mode, and I have a few minutes then the relay start clicking again, time for restoring my settings.

I have to do this after each firmware update when the inverter has default settings.

5. The randomly shut-down happened only in pass-true mode of operation when the load is low and the mutilplus wants to switch to invert mode after power assist. The randomly shut-down never happens in invert mode at any power, and also in overload when I do not allow power assist to be turned on by disconnecting multiplus from the grid.

6. A half year ago, before the problems with randomly shut-down, I prepared the assistant for the water heater. I use a programmable relay K1, for switching the power relay for the heater by output power condition. If the output power is lower than 400W for 1-minute turn the relay on, and when the output power is higher than 2400W turn the relay off. I uploaded the assistant to multiplus and try it with a dummy load (because I haven't bought the water heater yet), the relay worked without actually switching anything. After a few weeks, the problems starts.

7. And what could be the cause of the failure? I deleted relay K1 assistant last weekend, and what happened? The multiplus won't turn on at all. After that, I tried to delete the relay K1 assistant partially, first I turn off K1 relay at any condition, the multiplus won't turn on, I figured out that I left relay K1 always on, the multiplus works properly and turn on immediately when I switch to ON mode. I think that the low output power condition (turn relay off when <400W) and switching between power assist and invert mode caused failures, when they switched at once.

8. Based on the condition when the communication not working when relay clicking (in default settings) and K1 relay switching, I think there are problems with voltage stability on the control board, when some of the programable relay clicks or stay off (I don't know if this is default state) the inverter shut down. Also, the switching frequency of the relay (in default settings) depends on the battery voltage, it rises with a higher battery voltage.

Any other ideas?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic