question

nikbok avatar image
nikbok asked

MultiPlus II baypass setup

Hi,

I'm planing for ESS with 3xMultiplus II 48/5000, PV, batteries etc.

I would like to have possibility to bypass Multies for mainenance/failure and doing so for all 3 phases together is no problem, but I wonder if it is possible to bypass phase by phase, like L1 in bypass - using grid, L2 and L3 from multies?

As far as I know, Multies in 3-phase setup are synced between themselves and I guess they need to be synced to grid too, to be able to do "assisting mode"

On the other hand, I've seen some Victron tech videos stating that if one multi in 3-phase setup goes down all 3 phases will fail?

I'm nor sure what to think here? Anybody tha have tested this and have some more knowlage?

Kind regards from up north...

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You would need to manually reconfigure the system to remove one from the set, which isn’t an online process.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

If one Multi on any phase fails, the whole setup will shutdown. So no chance to just take out one.

Jens

2 |3000