question

johnb80 avatar image
johnb80 asked

CT or ET112

I am about to start the installation of my Multiplus II GX and 14kWh LifeP04 battery. My incoming grid supply meter is around 10 metres away. Can I use a CT for the import / export sensor of would I be better to install an ET112 and RS485 link back?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

There are several threads on this subject.

You can probably use either... Generally the opinion is that the CT clamp gives quicker response (if you wish to not feed the grid this could be beneficial with a positive grid set-point), however, the ET112 will probably give a more accurate reading of instantaneous values but make sure you use a screened twisted pair cable.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

Anecdotal evidence suggests “maybe”… I have not tried this myself. Certainly it is possible to purchase the recommended CT with that length cable so one would think that it should be possible?

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/135954/can-i-extend-the-ct-clamp-wiring.html

2 |3000

johnb80 avatar image
johnb80 answered ·

Would the CT clamp with screened cable be OK over the 10 metres?

2 |3000