question

billgood1 avatar image
billgood1 asked

Smart solar controllers i.e.150/35 + gen series of this type.

REF: RX port on controllers.

Updating (my) boat system.-The BMS I am using will need to turn "ON" the solar charge controller when the charge Buss is grounded (0) .(Due to other equipment working in this sense. The default setting for this series is the reverse - RX Floating or + "ON" & ground or (0) "OFF". Seems that a simple solution would be a resistor or direct connection from the +5V pin to the controller RX port & a relay. to give an inverted signal. Victron seem to have only non-inverting cable with a wide range of voltage feed but no 4pin inverting cable that would plug into these controllers. So using one of these cable still would involve making more ccts just to make it work in the reverse sense!. Would help if a spec for the RX port input circuit would be available. If this seems to be a reasonable approach, I would make use of a Victron 4 pin cable to ensure a sound connection to the 4 pin port on the controller to the charge Buss..

Any one solved this before?

Regards Bill.

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
billgood1 avatar image
billgood1 answered ·

PS. Could be a bit clearer but can't see how to edit after posting! Relay bobbin connected to charge BUSS when grounded by BMS causes relay contact to be "floating or N/C" - condition on RX port. When charge BUSS is not grounded - relay contacts will short RX port to ground & stop charger operating. I hope.

Regards Bill

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic