question

ks4z avatar image
ks4z asked

ESS: Prevent charging from AC-Coupled PV

Hi all,

is there a way to prevent that my Multiplus II GX charges the battery form an AC coupled PV-Inverter?
In my system I have an AC coupled PV and also DC coupled MPTTS. The AC coupled system already produces in the morning, while the others have their max around noon. What happens now is that the battery is re-carged in the morning from AC and when the sun reaches my DC coupled plant the DC gets inverted and fed in. This is most inefficient, why I would rather not load the battery in the morning, but more around noon from DC.

I tried to disconnect the AC coupled inverter's meter, but even if the current is not measured, the ESS charges the battery from AC. It seems it simply ramps up the charger until the grid starts moving away from the setpoint. Clever, but not useful for me...

Any ideas how I can achieve that without manual intervention? A timer setting I missed, an advanced feature I didn't recognize?

Thanks

ks4z

MPPT ControllersESSAC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

If you have DVCC enabled, set the "Maximum charging current" to ZERO.

screen-shot-2022-07-14-at-72541-pm.png

Only charging will come from DC coupled PV if "DC-coupled PV - feed in excess" is set to ON.

screen-shot-2022-07-14-at-72826-pm.png

screen-shot-2022-06-12-at-94723-am.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alku78 avatar image
alku78 answered ·

@marekp Hi, i have a question - when dc-coupled pv feed in access is enabled and the batteries are fully charged whats with the dc energie? Feed into grid or will the pv charger stop working?

2 |3000

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@Alku78

With battery charged and DC-coupled feed in enabled, PV energy supplies the loads first and extra production is fed to the grid.

screen-shot-2022-08-25-at-13938-pm.png

2 |3000