question

stuttieboy avatar image
stuttieboy asked

Multiplus not switching on when connected to cerbo GX

Hi, I have connected my Multiplus to my cerbo, all was good initially. It was showing up as a connected device and showing the status on the "remote console" on my phone and on the VRM portal. But for some reason now (probably me tinkering) it now longer shows up and the multiplus cannot be turned on using the rocker switch on it unless the patch lead is removed. Any ideas? thanks.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Check if you connected the RJ45 cable to the correct port (VE.Bus) at the cerbo.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stuttieboy avatar image
stuttieboy answered ·

Yep, its in the same port now as it was when it was working.

2 |3000

octafish avatar image
octafish answered ·

I just ran into this same problem (too much tinkering as well?) and now I can’t get my Multiplus to show up in my GX Device List or VRM or Simrad MFD (and it did appear initially). I do have a Digital Multi Control installed. Does this affect performance somehow?

Any tips would be helpful…

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
@octafish Check again that you are using the correct RJ45 port on the Cerbo. A very common mistake is to plug it into the Ethernet port.
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

It must go in the VE.Bus Rj 45 port.

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
Also nothing else should be connected to the VE.bus ports except other victron Products , VE.bus to VE.bus
0 Likes 0 ·
octafish avatar image
octafish answered ·

Forgot to mention it’s a Raspberry Pi running Venus OS with the USB-MK3 adapter for VE.Bus.

I suspect it might be the ethernet cable.

2 |3000