question

Jeff Kellner avatar image
Jeff Kellner asked

Using Multiplus to reduce generator fuel consumption

Hi, I have a multi-+2 3000 W charger/ inverter connected to 1450 amp hours of battery storage at 12v, I'm trying to figure out how to configure the multi plus so that I can use the stored energy in the battery to supplement the the generator to reduce fuel consumption for a longer period of use time. I tried this using power assist settings in reducing the incoming amperage from the generator so the converter would supplement power, that worked great until the loads dropped below the set point of power assist in the battery speaking to charge off of the inverter.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how this can be configured properly so I can use/consume the energy stored in the battery and supplement the generator for a longer period of runtime and fuel savings? Ideally I would still like the ability to use the MPPT
to charge the batteries while in this configuration. Also I am always not on generator and need to be able to switch back to normal operation when connected to the gird/shore power. I tried to use the ESS assistant but is not recommended and did not work well with the generators.

Generatorpowerassist
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

There's an input current limit you can set. But what's controlling the generator and keeping it running when not needed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic