question

lager88 avatar image
lager88 asked

Cerbo GX dump load to hot water system

Hello, I have a 10kva Multi, Cerbo GX and 150/100 MPPT and a number Lifepo4 48v 200ah battery banks in an off grid system. I want to use the excess solar wasted after the SOC is close to 100%.

I have an electric water heater that I want to either power from the AC2 from the multi on its own or use a relay to power the heater from the existing house circuit and change the element to a 2.4kw.

Is it possible to set it up to dump power into the heater with either of the 2 methods above while the SOC is close to 100% and turn off that load when the SOC drops or the thermostat turns off?

regards

Jason

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You can use Assistants in the multiplus to control the ac2 out or you could use the generator autostart feature on the gx unit to turn a relay on and off as per the gen start conditions- using the gx would be easyer I would think

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.