question

Jonathan Walton avatar image
Jonathan Walton asked

Quattro 48 15000 shutting down

Hi

I have 3 Victron Quattro 48 15000 inverters running parallel on a single phase 230V system. I have 18 Pylontech US 3000 battery modules and 12 Pylontech US 3000C battery modules all connected to a Pylontech LV Hub. The batteries have previously been operating with 3 48 8000 Quattro inverters as an ESS system and this has worked without fault for around 12 months. I have recently changed to the 15000 Quattros as we wish to go completely off grid. Since we have fit the new Quattros we have a problem where they shut down after around 10-15 minutes then they restart after 10-15 seconds with no errors being reported. I suspect this is a BMS problem as the communication between the LV Hub and the Venus GX seems to be unstable. The battery modules are configured in 5 stacks of 6 batteries with a US 3000C module placed as the master battery for each stack, all the modules are then daisy chained back to the LV Hub. The only way we can get the LV Hub to see all 5 stacks is to have the right hand 3 dip switches on the hub set to the up position (see photo). We have also had to remove the wires in pins 1, 2 and 3 from the cable between stack 1 master battery and the LV Hub. 95% of the time the communication is good and the Venus GX reports a discharge current limit of 1110A (37 x 30, which is correct) however intermittently the discharge current limit drops to 888A (37 x 24) meaning that communication with one battery stack has been lost. At the same time the status light on the LV Hub flashes red for a few seconds, and the LED lights go from having numbers 1 and 3 lit to just number 3 lit. It is usually at this point when the inverters shut down. I have spoken to Pylontech technical about this but I have not managed to solve the issue as yet. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Please see photos below.

I was wondering if the problem could be the length of the communication cables between the furthest 2 battery modules (see photo below) however this problem only seems to have happened recently. I should also state that the power cables to all the battery stacks are all symmetrical.

I have also updated to the latest firmware in all 3 Quattros and the Venus GX.

Many thanks

Jonathanimg-4384.jpegimg-4388.jpegimg-4395.pngimg-4396.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerPylontech
img-4388.jpeg (2.6 MiB)
img-4395.png (9.9 MiB)
img-4396.png (10.5 MiB)
img-4384.jpeg (2.8 MiB)
img-4387.jpeg (2.5 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

maybe look here your BMS is saying that the max amps available is 888 amps at full load the inverters could draw 937 amps then on spick overload you could go to 1800 amps odd So my guess is that the DCL maybe getting exceeded thus the BMS is turning off the load (ie the inverter) you will have to look more closely to the VRM graphs and see if you can see some load issue around the shutdown times. Make sure you have 1 min update selected if you have 5min or higher you may miss the high load event as there is only a sample taken every 5 min etc

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jonathan Walton avatar image
Jonathan Walton answered ·

Thank you for your reply

I will have a look at the vrm to see if there are any overloads being reported, however this is happening with the Quattros turned on and inverting but the isolator to the site is turned off so there is no load on the inverters at all.

Many thanks

Jonathan

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

check to make sure energy saving is not turned on - ie does the same issue happen then when there is load on the system - or please send me the vrm access with full control and ill have a quick look at the setup for you - service@octopusasia.com I wont change anything without your approval first

2 |3000