question

alda avatar image
alda asked

Venus OS large and IP adress for node red ui and VPN

I want share node red ui via port forwarding function on my router, but he don't accept 192.168.0.xxx:1880/ui. He has a problem with /ui. is it possible define somehow without /ui or how you are doing it ?

Thanks

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Alda,

it should be enough if you only enter the ip address and the port. You can try that with your browser and 192.168.0.xxx:1880 - that's how it is working for me. Same for port forwarding in your router.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alda avatar image
alda answered ·

Hi @Stefanie

No, not working, it will open a editor.

It's very bad if isn't possible open dashboard Directly via VPN.

1 comment
2 |3000

Maybe because your default user has admin rights. Take a look at this document: https://nodered.org/docs/user-guide/runtime/securing-node-red

I highly recommend to join the Node-RED forums. There are the real experts and very helpful people.

0 Likes 0 ·
smart-home avatar image
smart-home answered ·

The recent update to the VRM app gives you a link to the Node-Red dashboard. No firewall port forwarding needed. Super easy!

2 |3000

Related Resources