question

jokani avatar image
jokani asked

VRM & Digital Multi Control (DMC)

Whilst on the boat I would like to use a DMC to regularly switch Multi on and off, but when away from the boat be able to switch the Multo on and off via the VRM Remote Console.

To disconnect the DMC when leaving the boat, can I insert a switch in to one of the wires in the RJ45 cable, if so which wire?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerDigital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Maybe the easyer way as you have GX device, is to download and install kevin W add on GuiMods via his setupheper program

Lots of other options there as well

https://github.com/kwindrem/SetupHelper/blob/main/venus-data.tgz

then copy this downloaded file to a formatted SDcard (no bigger than 32Gb) insert it into the SDcard slot and reboot twice. also read kevins instructions.

Then you will have access to turning the Cerbos relay 2 on and off and you can connect the remote control inverter teminals to the NC and com relay connections on the cerbo

or change the relay setting under setting for relay 1 to manual and then you will have two options for the cerbo or venus Gx units and only one if its a ccgx unit

1637462517809.png

After downloading the file then click were the red circile is and scroll down the page to see the instrictions

1637462681951.png

1637462517809.png (13.8 KiB)
1637462681951.png (9.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jokani avatar image
jokani answered ·

Paul, thanks for taking the time to try and help me. I'm really trying to find a solution that includes a remote physical Multiplus On/Off switch. That is just easier for family/crew to use than a Cerbo/GX Touch. But I also want to retain the VRM Remote Console on/off switches.

Unless I have misunderstood your suggestion does not include physical switch?

2 |3000