question

bskz avatar image
bskz asked

BlueSolar MPPT leaves Absorbtion too early

MPPT leaves absorbtion with 30 Amps. Acctually, there are 2 MPPTs, each at apeox 30 Amps which means at 60 amps still absorbing. BMV does't synch, because max SOC keeps around 85% end there's plenty of sunshine.

Why that happens?

Battery bank is 1000 Ah at 48V, lead GEL chemistry.

MPPTs are 2x BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/60 in parallel.

There are 3 x MultiPlus 48-5000 in patallel.

BMV is BMV-600S.

MPPT Controllersbattery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gs-nz avatar image gs-nz commented ·

@BSKZ what are your MPPT settings? Also, the first screenshot is the scale the same for the voltage/current and MPPT states? Something seems odd there to me.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi. BSKZ; Its a problem in the current firmware version, it can happen under certain conditions.

We’re working hard on a fix. I expect a beta version within a few weeks. (And soon thereafter ofcourse a release of the new version).

Do you want me to send you an email once the beta is out?

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bskz avatar image bskz commented ·

Tnx for quick answer and yes, if there is upgraded firmware to my current BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/60Firmware version v1.39, please email me or notify! tnx again!

0 Likes 0 ·
gs-nz avatar image gs-nz commented ·

@mvader can you please notify here when a fix is available? THANKS!

0 Likes 0 ·
lg-0 avatar image lg-0 commented ·

@mvader, would you be so kind as to email me as well when the beta is out, please? Many thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ lg-0 commented ·

Hi both, Yes; anyone here I’ll inform.

0 Likes 0 ·
bskz avatar image bskz commented ·

@mvader, any updates on this subject maybe? :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
xathros avatar image
xathros answered ·

Hello,

I'm having the same problem with my MPPT 150/85. I have it configured for 3 hrs absorption (.5h X 600 AH). It spends exactly 30 minutes in absorption phase.

I have: SmartSolar Charger MPPT 150/85 rev2. Firmware v 1.39

Has there been any updates to resolve this yet?

Thanks.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic