question

itsme avatar image
itsme asked

GuiMods - how to remove the sun icon

Hello,

short question: where can I remove the sun icon from the PV-tile? I have access to my RaspberryPi by FTP. So I just need to now the file and the path...

victron-venus-remove-sun.png

Thank you.

Venus OSmodifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

The file is called overview-sun.png

I cannot remember the exact file path, but i could have a look later on if you still miss it.

BR

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

itsme avatar image
itsme answered ·

Thank you! I've found it. Path is: /opt/victronenergy/themes/ccgx/images

1 comment
2 |3000

Roger Parker avatar image Roger Parker commented ·

@Itsme, I would like to change the name of the different boxes like you have, can you tell me how you did it. I can get into my cerbo with putty so if it's not a hard solution I think I might be able to do it. I'm mostly interested in changing the "PV Charger" to "Solar" as you did. I suspect you will have to walk me through it from step 1 to finish.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I updated GuiMods to make the icon less intrusive.

FYI:

One of the problems with this icon is it is drawn ON TOP of the text at full opacity. Other tiles with icons draw them in the parent object so they can be behind the text and made translucent.

The tile names are usually set in OverviewHubEnhanced.qml. Some like the Multi are set in their own file Multi.qml

The sun icon on the PV Charger tile is is originally in in the OverviewSolarChargerEnhanced.qml file, but moved it to OverviewHubEnhanced.qml

All these files are in /opt/victronenergy/gui/qml/

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.