question

Mike Casey avatar image
Mike Casey asked

Cerbo only dectecting 2 of 4 PV inverters

Hi guys,

Just looking for a trouble shooting hint. I have 3 SMA inverters and 1 Fronius Inverter. Cerbo registers the Fronious Inverter and one of the SMA inverters but does not pick up other two SMA videos.

Neither are listed in TCP Modbus Services or in settings/pv inverters

Both SMAs that are not being registered on the Cerbo are on the correct LAN (same LAN as working pv inverters and they all have IP addresses on the router). They do not get picked up in the "Find PV Invertors" Scan in the victron console and manually editing their IP addresses into the Victron has not made any difference.

I tried connecting to a PV inverter that cerbo does register through pymodbus but I kept getting a GatewayPathUnavailable Connection

shed_sma_client = ModbusClient('192.168.86.37', port='502', auto_open=True, auto_close=True, unit_id=20)

result = shed_sma_client.read_holding_registers(1039)

print("shed_sma_1_serial: %s", result)

>

house_fronious_1_serial: %s Exception Response(131, 3, GatewayPathUnavailable)

I am not sure if this is the the correct way to connect (192.168.86.37 is the IP address of the cerbogx and unit_id of 20 is the fronious inverter in the modbus device list. This is likely a red herring though as I am unable to get unit ids for the two SMAs that are not being automatically registered.

Both SMA inverters that I can't see in victron can be pinged from command line

Any ideas what could be happening here?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Casey avatar image
Mike Casey answered ·

To follow up on this I removed all inverters and started again. The two SMA sunny tripowers are just never registering as PV inverters in VRM, however the other two inverters are detected almost immediately.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Casey avatar image
Mike Casey answered ·

After reading manual I have realised I cannot telnet in and therfore are exploring SMA options around remote connections on port 502

2 |3000