question

nebulight avatar image
nebulight asked

Replacement BMV712 screen/monitor? Maybe user replaceable relay?

I was assisting a friend with troubleshooting over the phone and he managed to short a wire that went to the relay and fried the relay. The BMV still works, but the relay is shot. Is it possible to replace just the relay? If not, which I doubt, is it possible to buy just the monitor without the wires/shunt/ect? I've reached out to a reseller, but that reseller posts here to so I'm hope they respond or someone else knows.

Thanks!

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bruces avatar image
bruces answered ·

Curious what you need the relay for? Alarm? Cutoff?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nebulight avatar image nebulight commented ·
In this install it's used with an external BMS that doesn't have low temp charging cut off, so I feed the ALLOW TO CHARGE signal wire to the common and the NC has the signal wire going to a battery protect where I have the output of the MPPT and the non-victron DC-DC charger. The BMV relay settings are set to open at 40 degree F to disable the chargers.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

No, just the monitor is not available to buy for the end user.

I guess the contacts of the relay are welded together due to the short circuit. Sometimes it helps to give the relay a gentle hit to loosen the contacts.

1 comment
2 |3000

nebulight avatar image nebulight commented ·
that's a shame. I actually had him test voltage on both the NC and NO pins on the relay and there is no voltage. I think there is some internal damage to the relay as it was in the NC pin.
0 Likes 0 ·