question

freed0m avatar image
freed0m asked

Issue with multiplus II 24/5000

Hi,

Any setting changed from default sends the device in to an unwanted state makes lots of sound. (heavy transfo brom on and of like a sirene)

Settings as small as charger max output 120A -> 90A, or select the correct batteries, device resets and the sound comes on and output main is not correct.

only fix is to ve.flash the device to get to default factory, change the made setting back does not change the state firmware 2615485

I uploaded a video see to believe :)

Device list: (single fase) 15A grid power

Cerbo connected ethernet to router

Bmv-712 (2000A shunt) ve.direct to Cerbo

Multiplus II 24/5000 connected to Cerbo ve.bus

multi control 200 connected ve.bus to cerbo

grid meter ET112 connected to rs485 USB cerbo

8x 265Ah Gel/agm victron connected to Multiplus by 4x 95mm2 Cable.

Ac out 1 used. charging and inverting tested and works.

fr.jpg

on the AC out 1 their are 2 enphase IQ7A with 445WP solar pannels (real time 100-700w 230v)

every change to the multi sends it in to that mode sound see video, solar and all other deviced not connected at the time of change has also been tried

Multiplus-II
fr.jpg (42.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @freed0m

Horrible noise, sounds like a fight within over ac. Try it without the Enphase.

How is the system configured? ESS?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

freed0m avatar image
freed0m answered ·

Hi @JohnC ,

Thank you for answering.

At config, only change even 1 setting, time AC in was connected the 24v was connected and ac out was enabled but enphase disabled (circuit breaker off).

The idea is to load ESS (*) but even enabling the assistant sends it in to that state.

(*) add 2 extra AC Pv panels on Ac out and use % of batteries for self consumption and when the main fails, and also charge excess pv to batteries, and lower enphase output with frequency shifting.

2 |3000

muddy1 avatar image
muddy1 answered ·

Forgive me for stating the obvious but I assume the incoming mains is wired to "AC in" and not "AC out 1".

Assuming all wiring checks Ok, then I'd be tempted to isolate all mains supplies and try to install the ESS using battery power.

4 comments
2 |3000

freed0m avatar image freed0m commented ·

@Muddy1 Hi thanks for reply, the mains ac in and out are correctly connected.

The multiplus-II swapped out an small processor model Quattro, one to one cabling wise.

Only when fresh ve.flashed factory firmware it runs perfectly until any setting how small is changed. (*)

i'll try the changes only connected to battery as you suggested did not know that was an option.

if it enters the let's call it flipping mode then i see the bmv712 getting few 100w of charging power when noise is high and a lot less close to none when sound is low and the multi never goes out of Bulk.

(*) perfectly = charging is fine, power assist is fine, inverter running fine when main is down.

it feels like it does not want to have any setting changed by veconfig, the 24/5000 is the newest model multiplus-II i guess the veconfig might change something it is unable to show in the background by any change followed by reset. also strange is any change requires a reset, the quattro only reset was needed if big changes occurred like other types of batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ freed0m commented ·

The multiplus-II swapped out an small processor model Quattro, one to one cabling wise.

Please check the wiring again.
The connections for AC IN and AC OUT are NOT at the same place!

1630238269408.png1630238345946.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1630238269408.png (336.5 KiB)
1630238345946.png (343.9 KiB)
muddy1 avatar image muddy1 freed0m commented ·
The only reason I asked about the mains connection is I have just installed a new Multi II and I thought it was a little unusual to have the incoming mains on the right. I note the earlier Quatro's had it on the left.
0 Likes 0 ·
freed0m avatar image freed0m muddy1 commented ·

Indeed they swapped the location of in and out and the pictures on the sites also don't match reality but the symbols do on the base plate. even positive and negative connections are changed to quattro model.

the manual is not even the correct one :) 24v5000va.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
24v5000va.jpg (6.3 MiB)