question

beammeup avatar image
beammeup asked

MPPT 150/45 reading wrong battery voltage.

Good morning swarm knowledge,

On my boat I have two MPPT 150/45 TR wired parallel to my charge busbar. One is feeding two panels serial to the batteries (LiFePo 12V), the other feeding one panel.
The serial one showing correct Battery voltage, the single one shows 1.5 V more and so jumps into float too early. When I reset the MPPT, it shows the correct voltage for a few seconds, then jumps up again. When I disable charging on the app, it shows 0,5 V too low battery voltage.
Wiring seems to be ok.

Thanks for Your help!!

img-1983.png

img-1982.png

MPPT ControllersMPPT SmartSolar
img-1982.png (325.3 KiB)
img-1983.png (312.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It seems like the single one is not connected to the battery. It has jumped straight to absorb Voltage and there is no charge current. You can verify the Voltage at the battery terminals of the single MPPT and the battery Voltage with a multimeter. There can only be a difference like that if there is no connection. A faulty connection, fuse or circuit breaker is open.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

basil katakuzinos avatar image
basil katakuzinos answered ·

Just check the voltage at the terminals with a voltmeter. If it is showing correctly then it may be worth getting in touch with the company you purchased it from for a warranty exchange.

2 |3000

beammeup avatar image
beammeup answered ·

Found a bad connection on the Battery contacts. All fine now.
Thanks for Your help!

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
Excellent, glad it's working.
0 Likes 0 ·