question

bitcrusher avatar image
bitcrusher asked

Multiplus TR Charge with Lithium (leisure) and leadacid (starter)

Hi There,

In my motorhome I have a Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80-30 230V running on a 300Ah Lithium battery.Also a Buckboost (50A) to charge the lithium while engine is running.

Starter battery is a "normal" one that was already in the car. (I think lead-acid, or AGM)

When I connect the TR-Charge output of the Multiplus, I can measure a small current even if the charger in the Multi is not connected to shore power grid.

Even if the multi is switched completely off, there are e few milli amps floating to starter batt.

Is that normal? I thought the two cicuits (starter and leisure batt) are isolated? Normally it should only load the starter, when shore power is connected and the charger in the Multi is running?

When I measure the output voltage of the TR pin there are about 13V.

Could it also be possible that current flows back from starter batt, when the voltage is higher there, than in leisure batt?

thanks for your help!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

piraya avatar image piraya commented ·

I have the same in my boat. When the starter battery is completely cut out with the main switch next to the battery, there is still a full 13V voltage measured on the start battery circuit. That voltage is apparently coming from the Quattro trickle charge. This makes it difficult to verify that the start battery circuit is actually shut off, in order to make secure repairs etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
bitcrusher avatar image bitcrusher commented ·

ac784aff-75ef-4427-bfbe-a16252ea3c10.jpeg

Multi is off and not plugged to grid

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
bitcrusher avatar image
bitcrusher answered ·

Hey there,

is nobody here from victron who can help me along? ;-)

actually I remove the fuse, when I am on the road because the leisure batt will be charged while driving.

I only let the fuse in, when the vehicle is idle for a longer time on grid power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.