question

ulrikh avatar image
ulrikh asked

Can i use 2 x 200 amp fuses in Victron Lynx Distributor instead 1x 400 amp fuse from battery to Multiplus II

Hi

I have just bought the MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120 inverter/changer and will install it with 2 x 70mm cables to the batteries positive site and 2 x 70mm to the negative.

I can read that I need to have a 400 amp fuse in between. So my question is - Can I have 2 x 200 amp fuse on each positive cables instead.

The whole idea is to connect the 4 cables (2 x red, 2 x black) to a Victron Lynx Distributor with a 200 amp fuse on each slot and then run 1 x Plus, 1 x Negative 100mm cable to the batteries (with a disconnect switch in between).

I'm not sure how the multiplus draws the amps in both cables at the same time so is this a proper solution?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

yes you can do this but its not ideal, The multi plus does not control how much it pulls through each cable thats controlled by the resistance of the cables and all the connections in those two cables

a better way is to bring both cables to a small bus bar just before the battery then one 400 amp fuse from there to the battery.

For more clarity on what you are proposing a circuit diagram of what you are doing would be of help

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.