question

scubar avatar image
scubar asked

Configuring system 702 battery monitor

I have built a 5kva system multiplus 48volt 5000w/70 inverter with a mppt 150/35 battery charge controller & a bvm702 monitor with colour screen. Running 4 12volt 200ah deep cycle battery's connected to 6 250w panels. At 100% battery power I can only run a domestic fridge for 8 hrs before I get a low battery alarm. I should be getting longer times from the battery's. How do I reconfigure the settings and synchronisation on the system.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Most of what you need to adjust will be detailed in the BMV-702 manual. The main setting is to get your battery capacity programmed in, if that's wrong your BMV will be completely wrong in it's estimations.
I'm afraid there is no absolute answer to give you on this. The settings will be individual to your system setup. Even after following the instructions, tweaking will still be needed.
We'll be more than happy to help with any particulars that you might get stuck on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.