question

ssybert avatar image
ssybert asked

How to disable AC transfer switch Multiplus 24/3000/70

Hi all,

I've gone through the manual and the PC config tool but cannot find a way to disable the AC transfer switch in my Multi 3K. I want the charger to work, the inverter to work, I just dont want AC to pass through when utility power returns.

Is there a way to do this?

Scott

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You can't find it in the manual or VE.Config because it is not possible.
The inverter and the charger are using the same electronics to convert DC to AC or AC to DC and behind the transfer relay AC IN and AC OUT are hard wired together.

1629004403738.png

1629004403738.png (230.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ssybert avatar image ssybert commented ·
Thank you for the clarification. I have an issue with multiple transfer switches causing breaker trips when shore power returns. The easiest solution would be to disable AC passthrough when inverter switches off but since that's not an option, I'm going to have to get a little more creative. I think it has to do with me bonding the two hot legs on the inverter side of the transfer switch and how the switchover to shore happens. It's tripping both the 50A 240V supply from shore and the 20A 120v breaker feeding the inverter which tells me there's a dead short when shore returns. It only happens occasionally so possibly arcing within the transfer switch? I dont know... back to the drawing board.

Thanks again for the clarification.

Scott

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

You need separate standalone charger and inverter to do this.

2 |3000

raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

One solution I've used is to have two separate AC three-position chang-over switches bypassing the inverter. The advantage this gives is in the unlikely event of an inverter/battery issue it is a simple matter to bypass (when the AC input is present of course), it also allows for output A1 and A2 to be controlled individually.

On the other hand without the Inverter bypass capability can be frustrating and inconvenient should any maintenance work be required. The extra cost of the change-over switches is all forgotten the first time it is needed. I'm all for maximum flexibility and low stress.

2 |3000