question

rebecca-wastall avatar image
rebecca-wastall asked

Multiplus compact 2000w won't charge off the grid

We plugged into the grid at a caravan park to boost the battery charge (as we have done many times) and within an hour it tripped the campsite fuse at the mains. Upon switching it back it will no longer charge the battery via grid. Invertor working fine and inverting using car batteries. Lead is working do not an issue here. It won't tick over to charge mode. Any help appreciated to allow us to top up the batteries again with mains power.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Did you check if the AC input voltage is actually back? Can you measure the AC voltage at the input terminals of the Multi?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jaxter avatar image
Jaxter answered ·

@Matthias Lange - DE : I have the same problem with a Multiplus Compact in a campervan. I have voltage at the AC input terminals on the Multiplus, but I see 0 VAC for input voltage in VE Configure on my laptop.

3 comments
2 |3000

Jaxter avatar image Jaxter commented ·
@Matthias Lange - DE : I noted that the white relay on the power circuit board on the right side of the box never clicks on when I plug in shore power. What else should I check and when is it an issue that means it should go to a service center?
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Jaxter commented ·
@Jaxter I'm not 100% sure but I guess you mean the transfer relay.

That relay only closes after the MultiPlus synchronized it's output to the input but for that the input must be detected correctly.
Check the ribbon cables (disconnect and reconnect them), if that doesn't help you have to contact your installer/dealer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jaxter avatar image Jaxter Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Yes, the transfer relay... I will check the ribbon cables on the customer’s system tomorrow. Thank you for pointing me to the next thing to check.

0 Likes 0 ·