question

henry avatar image
henry asked

Victron Lithiums not charging above 88%

Can't get lithiums above 88% and around 69ah. On a shoreline they will easily go to 100%. What is happening?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Some more information about your system and the installed components are needed to help you.

Maybe add some screenshots too.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
tstr7119 avatar image
tstr7119 answered ·

Check your float voltage on your solar charge controller, it could be set to low. Orherwise you might have similar issues to me where the solar charge controller has incorrect voltage reading on your battery and cuts charging early

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

henry avatar image
henry answered ·

Thanks for that. This is my first post so still learning the format.

More details :- 600amp hour batteries @12volt. Victron system throughout

MPPT Solar 100 / 50 with non inverting control wire to Cyrix Li Load relay.

This on my boat and when stationary only getting solar so could be an issue with the solar.

2 comments
2 |3000

tstr7119 avatar image tstr7119 commented ·
I believe that when connected to shorepower your multiplus charges the batteries and when youre disconnected from shorepower your MPPT charged the batteries. The set voltages for the chrge cycle are probably set lower in your MPPT than in your multiplus. This would account for the diffrent max chargelevels
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
henry avatar image
henry answered ·

I'll have a look at that doc. I was advised to fit the cable to protect the batteries from over charging.

Further to that I disconnected the solar and just ran with the engine and soon after reaching 88 % the SOC went up to 100 % so clearly the solar needs configuring correctly.

Greatly appreciating the help

2 |3000

henry avatar image
henry answered ·

Ok here are screen shots of the mppt.

screenshot-20210731-123201.png

2 |3000