question

ehsab avatar image
ehsab asked

Maretron TLM100 on Venus GX

Hi,

I'm looking to connect a Maretron TLM100 tank sender to my VenusGX system (3ph Quattro and Lynx Shunt setup).

Can i just buy the "VE.Can to NMEA 2000 micro-c male" adapter and connect it to the TLM100? That would be the only NMEA 2000 device i would use.

I have my VE.Can bus terminated in both ends now, and since there is only one RJ45 connector on the adapter, does it work like a terminator aswell, or how do i terminate the VE.Can bus?

I have 3 Quattros in prallel, does removing the VE.Can bus terminator from the Venus GX have any impact on the Quattros, will they continue to work or will they shutdown?

Kind Regards

ehsab

NMEA 2000 - N2K
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

removing the canbus or the resistor will not affect the Quattros operation

yes buying the adapter cable should connect it to the venus , make sure you select the correct canbus settings and have a Valid canbus setup. the adapter cable also comes with its own power injector into can bus,(this should only be connected to 12 volts unless stated otherwise)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ehsab avatar image ehsab commented ·
Hi and thanks for you reply.

I was hoping i could power the sensor with the can bus, does the voltage of the can bus correspond to the system voltage?
How does the poweradapter work thats shippe with the adapter?

I was wondering if i could connect the TLM100 straight to the adapter, or if i need a middlepiece, looks like noth ends are male connectors.

I can view the Lynx shunt on http://venus.local/app so i guess i have the correct can bus settings.

Kind Regards

ehsab

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic