question

skabalavayi avatar image
skabalavayi asked

Is it possible to control SmartSolar Charger MPPT 75/15 via VE.Direct zu VE.Can Interface ?

Hello community people,

I would like to know that if VE.Direct to VE.Can Interface or VE.Direct to NMEA2000 interface can be used to access the SmartSolar Charger MPPT 75/15 via CAN bus. It would be great to suggest any solution to control the charger with any of the interfaces.

Thanks in advance.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, and welcome to community!

That cable is not compatible with our solar chargers. See website: https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/ve-direct-to-nmea2000-interface.

Is the control needed for a battery BMS? Then see our GX product range.

Except for that, we don’t offer a vedirect <-> canbus interface for your requirement.

And make sure you really need control, rather than just monitoring.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

skabalavayi avatar image skabalavayi commented ·

Hello,

Thank you very for your reply.

I would like to monitor the charge voltage, charge current, PV current, and PV voltage from MPPT solar charger. It would be great if you please let me know that how I can monitor those parameters for my own application via CAN bus.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ skabalavayi commented ·
Hi S, the (only) solution available from us is to add a GX device to your system (such as the Cerbo GX), and then there enable the NMEA2000-out feature. See its manual, as well as our data communication whitepaper on how to then move forward.

Its then the same protocol (NMEA2000 aka N2K) as is used by the interface cable you referred to earlier.

And do make sure that simple serial monitoring is not good enough for you. By going for serial aka VE.Direct you (a) save a lot of costs, and (b) can probably save a lot of time since there are a lot of projects on github and so forth about our VE.Direct serial protocol.

0 Likes 0 ·