question

sgffinn avatar image
sgffinn asked

MPPT 700 battery monitor keeps disconnecting from SmartSolar MPPT 150/35

I upgraded from the Victron BlueSolar 150/35 MPPT charge controller to the Victron SmartSolar 150/35 to enable me to use the Victron APP via Bluetooth. The original BlueSolar unit also had a BV 700 control display monitor connected via a Victron direct cable. After installing the SmartSolar MPPT the BV 700 display monitor was working fine and the data displayed consistent with the APP. However, periodically the BV 700 display monitor will stop working and just display "Attempting to Connect". However Victron Connect APP will display the current and correct information. To get the BV 700 to display correctly I have to unplug the Victron direct cable at the rear of the unit, wait 30 seconds and then reconnect. The BV 700 will then reconnect and display the correct information. But, a few days later it happens again. I know that if I have the APP I really do not need the BV 700 display, but I am puzzled as to why this happens. Any insights would be appreciated.

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Do you mean Mppt Control, or a BMV ?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers