question

sai1orman avatar image
sai1orman asked

Do the MPPTs limit total current into batteries?

My current system has 2600 watts of solar with 2 - 75 amp MPPTs and 1 - 100 amp mppt. This chargers 4 - 300 aH LifePo batteries. I have not seen more than 60 amps going into the batteries. If I cover one panel on a series, another increases it’s output to compensate. Why are they all not at full output? The batteries are at 60% SOC. Thanks!!

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

Yes they do if you have a GX and DVCC is enabled. Are you batteries CAN enabled? or do you have a BMV or Smart Shunt?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sai1orman avatar image sai1orman commented ·

Yes, I have the BMV 712 as well. They are all connected via direct cables into the Cerbo. I have enabled and disabled the DVCC with no change.

I initially just had the 100 MPPT with the 712. Then added the two other MPPTs into the Bluetooth network. I feel like the whole system is using the 100 amp limit from the initial MPPT as a system limit if that’s possible. Even before adding the Cerbo, I don’t think I have gotten close to the 2600 watts I should be able to produce. I just disconnected them all from the Bluetooth network, so they are only connected via direct cable to Cerbo now. Thoughts on if that was or could have been the problem? No sun currently to check, but hopefully lots of sun tomorrow to test. Thanks!!

0 Likes 0 ·
sai1orman avatar image
sai1orman answered ·

Any other thoughts?

2 |3000

netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

How are the mppt´s conneced to your Solar Panels ?

Each with some separat panels or all connected together on one parallel / Serial System ?

What kind of batterysystem do you have ? 4 Batteries in serie or parallel ... or mixed as 24 V system ...

1 comment
2 |3000

sai1orman avatar image sai1orman commented ·

The 100 amp MPPT has two sets of 2 - 100 watt 18 v panels in series(200 watts @ 36v) and then 2 - 350 watt 36 v panels all in parrallel. So 1100 watts @ 36 v

The other two 70 amp MPPTs each have 2 - 375 watt 48 v panels in series for 750 watts at 96 v.

Currently with no clouds, the 100 MPPT is only producing 20 V at 14 amps for just under 300 watts. If I shade one of the 70 MPPTs, the power output increases in the 100 MPPT.

I have 4 - 300 AH lithiums in parallel for a 12 v system

Thank you.

Edit: I am now at 37 v and 4 amps for even lower power output....

0 Likes 0 ·