question

keanecasarv avatar image
keanecasarv asked

Showing 0 watts and 0 current on smartsolar 75/15.

7e219ee2-3f51-4b33-b3c6-bed36e107655.pngNeed help. I have a Renogy 200w suitcase solar panel, Victron smartsolar 75/15 and 2 Trojan t105 6v connected as 12v. I am showing 0 watts and 0 current. Checked all connections twice.

setup
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rmaddy avatar image rmaddy commented ·
13.8V seems like a full battery so there's no need to send any current to the battery. Therefore you have 0A and 0W. Run your battery down some and then there should be some solar.
0 Likes 0 ·
cyprix avatar image cyprix commented ·
Hi. Have you solved the issue? I have the same problems with my smartsolar 75/15.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
keanecasarv avatar image
keanecasarv answered ·

I hook up the battery first then I hook up pv, that’s when the controller starts up. Is the controller supposed to turn on when I hook up the battery?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Yes the MPPT should turn on with only the battery connected. If not you have a connection problem between the MPPT and the battery (open switch, open breaker, blown fuse, loose wire).
0 Likes 0 ·
keanecasarv avatar image
keanecasarv answered ·

So I checked all connections, fuses and wiring and all is good. However, I notice that I can completely disconnect from the batteries (2 6v), and the battery readings shown above don’t change or even waiver for that matter. Seems odd to me?

2 |3000

ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

Hi there I would suggest maybe power down the mppt for a while to allow the internal capacitors to discharge, when connecting it as mentioned battery first then pv and disconnection has to be the reverse of it. If the mppt powers down for 30mins should be enough time I would try that if not you have a power source coming another direction to power it I would try a full disconnect and reset and check with a multimeter you are getting power at all ends of the circuits from solar pv array also thanks david

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

There are many questions about that in the community.
Did you also checked the fuse at the MPPT?

2 comments
2 |3000

keanecasarv avatar image keanecasarv commented ·

Yes the 20a fuse is good.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ keanecasarv commented ·
What does the history show?

What happens if you disconnect PV?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic