question

paul-beard avatar image
paul-beard asked

How to reset 75/15 to stock configuration?

Having some trouble with my 75/15 controller and I think I may be best off resetting it to defaults before meddling any more with it. It has worked without issue for a couple of years with a 75W panel connected to a small leisure battery. The battery is also connected/switched to the starter battery via a marine battery relay so that when the motor runs, both batteries are charged. This will also tie the two batteries together for the solar charger to fill. It used to be that the solar panel on a summer day would charge both batteries to 13.7V.

What happened this week is the charge controller shut down the load circuit and I had to reset it by disconnecting/reconnecting the circuits. This happened two days in a row. The jumper was on pins 2 and 3, but I never did anything with it. I left all the other settings alone and it just worked™. I didn't think to verify the battery's charge before I reconnected the controller. That might have been useful to tell if the controller turned off the load based on a low charge.

I have since removed the jumper, removed the largest load (a 12V fridge) and set the load to Always On. But I am still seeing low inflow from the charge controller to the battery, less than 13V, really a trickle compared to what I am used to seeing. By this time of day, the combiner relay would have closed and the two batteries would be getting charged at 13.5+, rather than just one at 12.75V. The panel is showing about 15V and 2+ amps so nowhere near it's potential either.

It seems like I have a low charging problem, now that I lay this all out. But how do I reset the controller to all the defaults so I can remove some of the variables?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
rickp avatar image
rickp answered ·

You can go into VictronConnect, under settings, then click the menu icon (three vertical dots) on the top right, and it will give a drop down menu with the option to reset to defaults.

Good luck!

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paul-beard avatar image paul-beard commented ·
I don't have that in v5.46. The main screen has the three dots but that's just to reset the PIN *if* I know the PUK (I don't). So I just choose the BatteryLife mode, left the jumper off, and when I get some sun next, I'll see what's up.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ paul-beard commented ·

You have to be connected to the MPPT, then click on the cogwheel in the top right and then on the three dots in the top right.

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-beard avatar image paul-beard paul-beard commented ·
Well, now. I just tried using the laptop (macOS) app for the first time and now I see the reset option in both apps, iOS and macOS. Go figure. Even found where the PUK is but it would have been easier to work with if it was a little larger.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic