question

Christophe Gonzales avatar image
Christophe Gonzales asked

Link Larger wiring to smaller

I have 4 AWG wires already connected to my car battery from my old battery combiner. I like to upgrade to a B2B, but largest it can accept is 6 AWG. Is there a solution besides replacing the entire 4 AWG wires? For example, could I link my current 4 AWG wires to smaller 6 AWG wires? If yes, how? The mention solution could save money from buying less length of wiring.

wiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Terminal stud 6awg one side, 4awg the other side.

Mega fuse holder you are going to use fuses right? As above.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Christophe Gonzales answered ·

Thanks for your suggestions. I have one AMG 125amp fuse for each end of the batteries similar to this diagram. I ordered the parts and will try later this week!img-8843.jpg

img-8843.jpg (121.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Christophe Gonzales answered ·

@klim8skeptic , question. My previous set up had 125a fuses for my 4awg wires for each end of the batteries. Since I will connecting a 4 awg with 6awg with a terminal stud, will the fuse rating change?

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
I would use 80a fuses for 6awg.
0 Likes 0 ·