question

sohail1 avatar image
sohail1 asked

250/100 is limiting my solar output to 1000w

Hi Guys

I have a Victron 5Kw with 16x 370w panels and a Dyness lithium battery had it installed this last week.

The issue i am having is the Mppt is not allowing more than 1000w from my array to come through and my load is great enough for it to pull more. I have removed and shading and hosed down the panels of dust etc but no luck.

The strings seem to be fine around 166v +- on both of them

Can anyone help as to why this could happen?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@sohail1

Has the current been limited at all in the settings on the mppt?

screenshot-20210802-133549.jpg

Its the most common thing i find people do to their systems.

If you are able to post the settings that would be helpful.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sohail1 avatar image
sohail1 answered ·

HI Alexandra

you were 100% correct it was set to 20a producing 1000w of solar i pushed it up more and it increased solar output, my concern now as per my installer is that i have one Dyness lithium 3.6kwh which has a charge rating of 20a what happens if i increase it will i not damage my battery?

So i have to increase my battery bank significantly to incorporate the full 6kw of solar is this correct ?

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

What other Victron components do you have?

With a BMV or SmartShunt and a GX device you could use DVCC to limit the charging current but be able to use the full PV power for loads.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/dvcc---distributed-voltage-and-current-control.html

0 Likes 0 ·
sohail1 avatar image sohail1 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
1 x 5kw Victron Multiplus 2

1 x 250/100 Mppt

1 x Cerbo

1 x Victron touch screen

1 x Dyness 3.6kw pack

16 x 370 Art solar panels

Here are the main components I have seen your link but i think this is beyond my knowledge base.

The BMV is built into the Dyness pack think this is enough to try your plan out Matthias

Else im assuming i need to add more battery packs then increase the Mppt charge current to utilize more Solar?

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ sohail1 commented ·

Very small battery. ? Recommended C rate of 0.5C ~ 37.5a??

0 Likes 0 ·
sohail1 avatar image sohail1 klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
I wouldn't know think the Dyness manual recommends 20/25a
0 Likes 0 ·
sohail1 avatar image
sohail1 answered ·

Ok guys so i changed from Keep Batteries optimized to Keep batteries charged which topped my Dyness up and then it started pushing the excess to the loads, so what happens if i increase the charger on the MPPT from 25a to 50a? battery is already charged will i not then get more Solar coming through to the Loads?

2 |3000