question

jaelmfeliciano avatar image
jaelmfeliciano asked

Burnt neutral in AC in

I've been having problems getting my generator power to reach my Multiplus 12v/3000 inverter. I went to check today at the multiplus system to see if the wire had been pulled, but I found a burnt neutral in the AC in connection. How could this have happened? How do I fix it? 20210730-110018.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

That has happened because of a poor connection. Perhaps the screw was not tightened to the correct torque (should be 1.6Nm). Luckily it did not cause a fire.
I'd not have used a solid conductor on those type of terminals, a multi-stranded conductor would have been better.
To fix this, that terminal block needs to be replaced on the circuit board. Your dealer might be able to fix it or recommend someone who is skilled enough to do such a job correctly.
Having said that, I think the installer should take responsibility for the poor installation and get the unit repaired.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jaelmfeliciano avatar image jaelmfeliciano commented ·

The installation was in an RV/ trailer where solid wire was already present. So the issue was the screw wasn't tight enough. I will reach to to get this corrected. Thanks for your feedback.

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

I would have expected to see stranded wire used throughout an RV/trailer install for both DC and AC due to the risk of vibration.

2 |3000