question

nikulpatel avatar image
nikulpatel asked

What type of RCD is suitable for Quattro in case of " Earth fault waveform" generating while operation or Earth Fault?

I think the Manufacture should know about the type of RCD should be used for that particular product.

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @NikulPatel

I'm not really sure what you're after here, but Victron actually provide this device onboard their Easysolar boxes..(or they did!)..https://www.chint.cz/engdetail.php?id=9

In 2-pole form, and 63A capacity for the 5kVA model.

These Easy boxes contain a Multiplus, for this purpose essentially identical to Quattro.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nikulpatel avatar image
nikulpatel answered ·

Thanks, John for your reply.

As per AU standards, the RCD/RCCB should be as per Inverter/battery charger's Manufacturer, and that information I couldn't get on website, so I posted here to know that what Manufacturer recommend for it.

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

A type A (AC) RCD can be used.
Your electrician should select the other RCD parameters according to the requirments for the electrical installation beyond the inverter.

1 comment
2 |3000

nikulpatel avatar image nikulpatel commented ·
Thanks, Wkirby
0 Likes 0 ·