question

rwcran avatar image
rwcran asked

VEconfigure Range check error

Using VEconfigure and the MK3 attempting to connect to Multiplus 3000 I occasionally see a "Range check error" window appear and the connection attempt fails. What is "Range check error"?

img-5067.jpg

VEConfigure 3
img-5067.jpg (4.9 MiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

demongman7 avatar image demongman7 commented ·
Has anyone identified alternative solutions to this? I have no other devices connected besides my multiplus 3k, smart dongle and the Mk3. Uninstalling and reinstalling VEConfig3 didn't work. Can't seem to find any info on this error code anywhere online besides one other community thread. @Matthias Lange - DE @rwcran
0 Likes 0 ·
demongman7 avatar image demongman7 demongman7 commented ·

For anyone looking at this in the future - probably not super helpful but I ended up getting it to work. Solution was approximately 1 hour of randomly installing / uninstalling the software, unplugging/plugging back in the mk3, and then File > exit and reopening the software a couple times. It was strange - I kept trying the same things and randomly it just worked. In my case after going through the prior actions, I manually selected COM3 and nothing happened (tried this a few times based on Matthias' comment below to no avail). The 3rd or fourth time of doing this in combination with File > Exit it gave me a message saying the MK3 was out of date / needed to be updated. After updating it everything is working as expected.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ demongman7 commented ·
That is a different issue to the original poster. The MK3 comms version was updated last year or so, the inverter had to be updated via the GX, if you didn't it stopped talking to the GX beyond a certain revision. The MK3 usb adapter also had to be updated, at least on mine it prompted me immediately after opening veconfigure.

So same symptom, different cause.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Do you have a GX device connected? If yes, try to disconnect it during the process of configuring the Multi.

You can also try to select the correct COM-port manually instead of using the auto detect.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rwcran avatar image rwcran commented ·
There are no connected devices to the Multiplus except the MK3. I still don't understand exactly what the error message is inferring? Software programmers are notorious for writing cryptic error message that only they understand. Does range check error mean the detected com port number is out of range? I can get connected sporatically using autodetect or by manually selecting the com port. I am using Windows 10 and the VEconfigure app has never functioned reliably when trying to connect to the multiplus. I almost always need to make multiple attemps before I get connected because the attempts often time out using either manual or auto detect.
0 Likes 0 ·
Harold Lopez avatar image
Harold Lopez answered ·

Hi, what I did was uninstall the VE configure, and installing again, plus, I disconnected all sensors and accesories. It Worked.

2 |3000