question

jeremy-browning avatar image
jeremy-browning asked

Victron 24/8000v inverter won't accept shore power

Hi Community new here am having a problem with my new syatem i put shore power on, last night it shut down when i put 2 heaters on the inverter was sitting at 4400w with shore power for about 7min then shut the shore power of saying overload and loss of grid power i have the quattro 24/8000 after that i reset the notifications rebooted the gx and swithed inverter off then back on still not working then i changed ac 2 in as shore power and iton ac 2 in either is there aomething else i need to reset i am on our trip and in toowomba the inverter has not missed a beat been great every stop we have been at,i can here the imverter click when i put the shore power in again also so its registering that the shore powers being connected and then throws up the notification in picture attached,oh also charge only does not work either

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
You might want to edit your post, and fix up the typos and grammar.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Its a bit hard to make out whats happening from your discription but I suspect that the shore power voltage is dropping below 180v on the circuit you are using and thus the inverter is dropping the ac in connection. so measure the incoming voltage when the ac load is high, this is Just a guess, some more details and pictures of the setting would help and or have a look at your VRM graphs and see what the incoming voltages are doing at the time of the shutdown

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.