question

ian-macdonald avatar image
ian-macdonald asked

712 smart monitor, at which stage of the charge cycle is it best to synchronise the 712 monitor with the battery bank, i.e. below or above the float voltage.

I have read everything I can and watched the videos but can't find the answer to when is it best to synchronise the 712 smart monitor with the battery bank. Should you synchronise at over float voltage or under float voltage. 12v agms normally float at 13.6 to 13.8v I have my charged voltage set to 13.4v. But unsure at what stage of the cycle to conduct the synchronisation procedure.

Thanks

IMac

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

In bulk mode, the charging current remains constant as the battery voltage rises. When the absorption voltage is reached, absorption phase begins and the charging current will begin to decrease as the voltage is held constant. Absorption phase ends when the charging current falls to near zero. At that point the system enters Float mode with reduced, constant voltage.

The BMV is programmed to automatically synchronize when the voltage is above the float voltage AND the charging current falls below 4% of the max charging current programmed into the BMV.

You should never need to manually synchronize the BMV

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic