question

murphy-r avatar image
murphy-r asked

BMV-702 Shunt Confirm Load/Batter Side

I had two BMV-702 installed in my boat last year and when examining the shunts I notice they are slightly different. When looking at the shunts from the top, one shunt has the RJ12 connection on the right and the other shunt has the RJ12 on the left. The online installation guide shows the shunt with the RJ12 on the left ( figure #6). I am wondering if this is just an older version of the shunt where the connections are reversed. I want to make sure the load/battery got connected on the correct sizes. Cheers

img-0977.jpg

BMV Battery Monitor
img-0977.jpg (2.3 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

It would appear that the installer has removed the PCB from the left hand shunt and flipped it, to enable easy access to the PCB connections.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

murphy-r avatar image
murphy-r answered ·

Your right looking at it closely the RJ12 is upside down in the shunt on the left. Would that not flip the battery / charge direction that the PCB is sensing?

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Would that not flip the battery / charge direction that the PCB is sensing?

Yes it would. However your cables are well labeled, and the shunt appear to be wired up correctly.

shunt.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
shunt.jpg (32.7 KiB)