question

ahtrimble avatar image
ahtrimble asked

SmartBMV 712 won't auto sync

I am using a Color Control and a SmartBMV 712. I have 2x200ah lifePO 48v batteries. I have been at 100% SOC according to my battery SOC indicator a number of times, but the 712 is not synchronizing and showing 100%. I've done several manual resets with no luck. I have sst my charged voltage as low as 53.2 (and SOC exceeded that multiple times) without synchronizing. discharge floor is 0%, tail current 4.5%, charged detection time 1m, P exp 1.05, charge efficiency factor 99%, current threshold 0.10A.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I am brand new to Victron gear. I like the technology and performance but I am struggling with lack of easy to use step-by-step documentation. Any help would be appreciated a whole lot!

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ahtrimble avatar image
ahtrimble answered ·

I forgot to mention, the VRM Portal shows I am net charging the batteries with excess A's from the charge controller but the BMV still shows "-16.00" on the current.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

the VRM Portal shows I am net charging the batteries with excess A's from the charge controller but the BMV still shows "-16.00" on the current

Is the BMV wired correctly?

I have been at 100% SOC according to my battery SOC indicator a number of times

This "battery SOC indicator" is the battery BMS?

0 Likes 0 ·