question

mikaringstrom avatar image
mikaringstrom asked

Bluesolar MPPT 150/85 stops charging at 60v

Regarding Bluesolar MPPT 150/85

Firmware 2.02

PV 120V

Battery Pack nominal voltage 61v (48-66v Nissan leaf AESC EV cells)

3 Multiplus 3kva 48v running in three phase config

User specific charge config

Abs 66v

Float 66v

Abs 1h, have tested multiple days with 1,2,5,8 and 10h with same results (cannot be 0 for some reason)

Temp comp 0v/c

No color control connected

Problem description

The Bluesolar MPPT 150/85 have been running smoothly with a regular lifepo4 battery pack but when I connected it to the new battery pack it wont charge above 60volt.

Also the Abs and Bulk light will both be indicating.

Can the Bluesolar 150/85 charge up to 66volt or is it just to high?

MPPT Controllers
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Is this a VE.Can MPPT or VE.direct MPPT?

If it is VE.Direct, can you please post a screenshot of the Victron Connect app history screen?

0 Likes 0 ·
mikaringstrom avatar image mikaringstrom Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi! It is a Ve.can MPPT.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

I'd advice to use a 14s battery configuration, this gives 'safe' voltages for a 48 volt system.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mikaringstrom avatar image mikaringstrom commented ·

With the new type of cell structure you have to leave out a few cells if you use a 14s config.

https://pushevs.com/2018/01/29/2018-nissan-leaf-battery-real-specs/

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ mikaringstrom commented ·

No you don't, just wire the last two cells to the next string, or make busbars that 'jump over' to create 2s2p blocks.

What bms do you use?

0 Likes 0 ·
sean avatar image
sean answered ·

I've had quite a few 7SxP leaf pack systems running for quite a while - I'm just putting a 8S system together for home use - 66v is the max input for a MPII (so quite close, but fine) - the 150/85 app is showing bulk voltages above 70 is achievable, I'm only aiming at 65v so I'm interested in what the top limit of the MPPT really is.

2 |3000