question

henk-bolton avatar image
henk-bolton asked

GX Cerbo generator start / stop

Good day,

Installation: 3 x 8kVA Quattro inverters with GX Cerbo, color screen and 400aH battery, 8kW PV. I stay in South Africa and needless to say that the power stability and availability is extremely uncertain.

I have a 30kVA generator available, but at present need to be manually started. I now need the generator to be controlled from the Cerbo, but looking at the settings I have the following extract and question:

1. * Do not run genset when AC 1 is in use: This option is ideal for back-up systems where a Quattro has mains/grid electricity connected to its AC-in 1 terminal, and a Genset connected to its AC-in 2 terminal. With this option enabled, the Genset will only start after a mains failure. And where a mains failure has occurred, the Genset will automatically be stopped again as soon as mains power is restored.

2. Will the generator be started irrespective what the status of the battery is, or if PV is available?

3. What I need is to use the generator as last support for power after PV and battery reached a pre-set SOC % with Grid failure.

Response on my requirement and possibilities would be highly appreciate before I do all modifications to the generator and generator controller.

Best regards

Generator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image harold commented ·
You can set-up a large set of 'triggers' in the Cerbo menu, which may start the generator.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

1. * Do not run genset when AC 1 is in use: This option is ideal for back-up systems where a Quattro has mains/grid electricity connected to its AC-in 1 terminal, and a Genset connected to its AC-in 2 terminal. With this option enabled, the Genset will only start after a mains failure. And where a mains failure has occurred, the Genset will automatically be stopped again as soon as mains power is restored.

This is Correct

2. Will the generator be started irrespective what the status of the battery is, or if PV is available?

It would then start as per your start setup parameters

3. What I need is to use the generator as last support for power after PV and battery reached a pre-set SOC % with Grid failure.

Again as per the Start Parameters in the Generator autostart selection

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.