question

rizouk avatar image
rizouk asked

Smart Solar MPPT 150/45 FW 1.58 Output Dropping to ZERO

Hey all,

Normally all my VE products work great however I'm having a right nightmare with a 150/45 since updating to FW V1.58.

Instance 258 is a 2.65kWp SSE Array and 288 is a 2.0kWp West Array.

I get constant dropping of the output from the 150/45.

The entire system has been running for well over a year and never had issues. The only thing that has changed in the last week is a FW upgrade to V1.58 via VC.

I have attached the graphs below.

I cannot find any FW files to go back to either 1.54 or 1.56 anywhere online.

Could a member of support reach out to me with a file so I can carry on troubleshooting.

VRM Info here: https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/45345/share/1f8d0747

solar-dipping.png

firmware update
solar-dipping.png (146.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Your PV total voltage is very close to your battery voltages, so I would suggest you possibly should look at increasing your PV array string voltage. Ie the Power drops seem to occur when the PV voltage difference to your battery voltage is around the 3 volt mark, As the drops are occuring when your battery voltages INCREASE to the higher levels and the PV volts drop off, so as the 2 converge the difference is too small for the MPPT unit to operate

I know on a 12volt system that the start voltage has to be higher that 5 volts above battery voltage and then not lower than 2 volts difference on a 48 volt system this could blow out to 8 volts difference, anyway its a area you may want to look at .

I do not know the exact figures for the 48 volt range, but to me the PV strings voltage is way to low

note that different ambient temps will affect your string voltages as well.

You will note that your pergola string voltages are a lot higher.

If you can reconfigure and increase the PV OC voltages to around 120 volts I think this may solve your issues

1626591579807.png

1626591579807.png (50.3 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rizouk avatar image rizouk commented ·
Hey Paul

I will struggle to get the offending array up in VOC as they are in groups of 4. 2s2p

I'm looking at the RS 450/100 so I can run much higher string voltages. The pergola array is 3s2p.

Not had an issue before but these things are sent to try us.

I can’t safely do 4s with these panels with my current controllers as the VOC is 38.4v

thanks for the reply.

0 Likes 0 ·
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Rizouk, I have been looking at the graphics this week, last week, 30 days ago, and it seems to me that the charging of your batteries does work without any issues. The SoC seems to be in the same range as it was previously. Not sure if you have a real problem or if it is related to some clouds passing over your PV arrays.

1626613926493.png

1626613926493.png (126.1 KiB)
2 |3000

rizouk avatar image
rizouk answered ·

Still no difference. Where can I get a previous firmware file from? Mandatory updates are a pain.

Can someone reach out to me please?

I have limited its output to 25A and this helps to make it more stable but not great. Having forced ventilation makes no difference either.

I have asked on my own Victron Facebook Group but told to post here to get help via support. @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @rizouk

I will send you v1.56 to try, through email.

0 Likes 0 ·
rizouk avatar image rizouk Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you Daniel :)

Will await to receive it .

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic