question

red-diaz avatar image
red-diaz asked

Connect 2 BlueSolar to MultiPlus II GX via Ve.Direct and Ve.Direct /USB?

I currently have a BlueSolar 150/70 connected to my MultiPlus II GX 3000/35 via VE.Direct. Can I parallel another BlueSolar that will be connected to the Multi via VE.direct/USB?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Hi, As the GX has 2 VE Direct inputs, I don't see that this should cause any problem.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

red-diaz avatar image red-diaz commented ·

Had to double check... but unfortunately the MultiPlus II GX 3000/35 has only VE.Direct port. but has 2 VE.Bus and 2 VE.Can.

Can I use a VE.Direct to VE.CAN interface (cable) to connect a second BlueSolar charge controller to connect to my Multi?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ red-diaz commented ·
Hi @Red Diaz I moved your question to the 'general questions' section.

And you cannot use your CANbus connection on the GX for this. as stated in the datasheet.

use a usb-ve.direct cable.

0 Likes 0 ·
red-diaz avatar image red-diaz Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks for the reply @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) . Upon checking I already used the USB port (Shunt).

Is it okay not to connect the 2nd MPPT charge controller to my MultiPlus II GX since all possible connection are already in use? I will just make sure that the charging settings / parameter are same with the Multi GX and my other charge controller (BlueSolar 150/70).

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ red-diaz commented ·
@Red Diaz you can use an USB-hub to connect more USB cables (use a good quality powered one for best result)
0 Likes 0 ·
red-diaz avatar image red-diaz Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Noted on that @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) . Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·