question

graham-watkins avatar image
graham-watkins asked

Victron and Australian Battery Standards

Hi Guy, I have 2 questions, both concerning trying to comply with AS 5139. The first question is in regard to the Victron batteries BAT412201084, do they conform to VO specifications? As mentioned in Note 2 of Table 3.1 as this will greatly affect their Decisive Voltage Classification.

The second one is, Is my Multi Plus 2 electrically seperated from the grid as in figure 6.5 of clause 6.3.1.7.2 or has there been any progress with the Earth Fault Alarm issue for their MPPTs from Victron? (I really don't want to spend another $3/400 for a Morningstar it after all I have spent so far on Victron equipment).

Looking forward to your reply,

Graham Watkins,

Wattever Electrical Services.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Graham Watkins,

Sorry, I don't have any official statement or guidance - except to contact your local Victron dealer and ask them for their recommended solution.

I have done what I can internally to get something more definitive than that, but for now that is what I have been told.

If they don't know the specific local requirements, please ask them to get in touch with their sales manager.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bipedalprimate avatar image
bipedalprimate answered ·

Graham,

Did you get an answer to your questions from your dealer?

I am also considering Multiplus II & have the same question re electrical separation from grid.

2 |3000