question

tbratten avatar image
tbratten asked

DC-DC Converter Emissions

My house is off grid using all Victron components. My battery system is 48V. I have a Ham (Amateur Radio) room which requires a 13.8V power supply for some of the components. It is located about 30 feet away from the solar system components (batteries, charge controllers, inverters). I am thinking about using a Victron Energy ORI481240110 Orion-Tr 48/12-30A Isolated DC-DC converter and placing it in same area as my Ham equipment. I would run a 48V line from the solar system to the DC-DC converter (30 feet away). I would then use the 13.8V output to power my Ham equipment.

In the US, I typically look for electronic components that meet FCC Part 15(b) standards for emissions. For emissions, this product is rated for EN 61000-6-3, EN 55014-1 (European standards). Is this similar, or equivalent, to FCC Part 15(b)?

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I suspect that no one in the forum would probably know the answer to that question

So

As we would have to also look this up - please look this up yourself on the net and compare the two requirements. and to help others at a latter date please repost your results

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.