question

alan-davies avatar image
alan-davies asked

No Solar charge for 9 days of vehicle standing, now working after the van is driven

Hi, I work away but when home the van is used daily. The solar input tailed off as the leisure battery became full. I take it that is normal. I was away for 9 days and all throughout that time the solar panel produced zero power. On return the battery was at 12.3V (from 14V), and we had good sunny weather during my time away. Only after the van was driven and the Batt. to batt. charger boosted the battery did it suddenly re-start charging? And now it even shows a low input on a dull overcast day. Any ideas on why it stopped? 175W Panel / MPPT 75/15 smart controller. Thanks.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Alan davies

Loose connection? What would have been draining your battery while you were away?

It is also possible the 5v above battery required to start up did not happen. What voltage was the solar showing during the time away?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVAvRs32TiE

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alan-davies avatar image
alan-davies answered ·

Hi , only the Victron MPPT, diesel heater control and modem and my B2B monitor connected. It just seems strange that in 9 days the PV voltage didn’t rise 5V above battery. My van is driven daily so the leisure battery voltage is generally very good, but even at dawn ( checking B2B Monitor) you can see the panel is trickling a small amount of power. I’ll monitor the historical data over the next week or so and see how it goes.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Alan davies

I am keen to see if you worked out the issue with the charging. Has the last few days shed any light on the issue?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic