question

projectonebuilder avatar image
projectonebuilder asked

Smartsolar 100/50 problem.

I have a Smartsolar 100/50 giving me a headache. It’s been in use for months with no problems. Now I have no output and it won’t connect to the Bluetooth app. The CC shows on the app but won’t connect.

With the PV connected it shows a solid blue Bulk light but has no output. With the PV disconnected I have a blinking blue light every second or so. The fuse is not blown and it is definitely connected to the batteries. The PV is 600w in a 2S3P and the panels are producing. There’s no possibility of an over voltage.

I’ve tried disconnecting the controller and restarting 3 times. Nothing in the system has changed.

Other than a warranty claim is there something else I might be missing?

MPPT Controllers
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

What happens when you try to connect, what percentage does it reach?

Can you also try after removing the pairing information in the phones bluetooth menu?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
projectonebuilder avatar image projectonebuilder Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
0%
0 Likes 0 ·
projectonebuilder avatar image projectonebuilder projectonebuilder commented ·
I should add that both my BMV 712 and my 12/1200 will connect with no issue.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
projectonebuilder avatar image
projectonebuilder answered ·

0%. It hangs up on 0%. I’ll go through the Bluetooth reconnect instructions tonight but my bigger concern is no output.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.