question

damian-ext avatar image
damian-ext asked

Multiplus II 12/3000/120-50 minimum shore current in parallel

Hello,

I have in parallel 2 inverters Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 230V version in camper. From time to time at some small camping site are AC inlets with C6 fuses.

For my modell minimum shore current limit is 4,3A with newest firmware. On GX Touch I'm able to reduce AC current to 9,2A (means 2x Multiplus minimum).

And now question: is any solution to reduce this current more or this is hardware limit? Of course I can divide my installation to 2 independent Multiplus + GX Touch, but this is last thing.

Is possible to shut off one Multiplus and work only with only one on poor inlets (without changing config with VE.Direct cable)?

Thanks for reply.

D.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

No, you can't shut off one multiplus, as this will put the system into error. What you can do is use VE configure to reduce the battery charge current. I have 2 x 1200/24/50 Multiplus operating in parallel, using a 2kW generator for backup power. Using VE configue, you can reduce the battery charge current until the shore power comes down. I find that the power set in the VE configure is that of each charger, so you would want to set 50A depending on other ac loads.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.