question

petekat03 avatar image
petekat03 asked

MPPT 250/60-Tr Forced Firmware Update

Hi All, why is it that when there is a new firmware version avaiable for the MPPT 250/60-Tr, the Victron app shows a message saying "Settings Disabled" with an Update button. A few times over the years now I've gone onto my MPPTs to quickly check some settings, but I'm forced do an update first which takes time. Why is it so important for it to have to do an update right there and then!! Is there a way to bypass the forced update and do it later?

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@petekat03

Unfortunately at this time no. unless you have access to an older apk to install.,

To prevent it in the future just stop the app auto updating. Then the new firmware will not be loaded in the app.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevin-b avatar image
kevin-b answered ·

forced firmware update on my 250/100 messed it all up,, i hate the fact they force anything,,, mine was working fine before ,now its just fubard,,and i cant back up to the old firmware

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic