question

brennan-usa avatar image
brennan-usa asked

To Tie Neutrals or Not to Tie Neutrals (4 Multiplus's Split and Stacked)

genups-trailer2lr.jpgYes, the neutrals between the split phase configured inverters need to be connected, but should the neutrals between inverter stacks also be connected?

For clarification: I got (4) Multiplus 24/3000/70 inverter/chargers feeding a Victron 100amp Autotransformer. (Trailer mounted mobile backup power plant)

((Multiplus L1-A) neutral)) connected to ((Multiplus L2-A) neutral)

((Multiplus L1-B) neutral)) connected to ((Multiplus L2-B) neutral)

The question is should Stack A's neutrals also be connected to Stack B's neutrals?

If I wasn't using the Autotransformer, then of course the neutrals would end up being connected in the distribution/output panel anyway.

More questions to come, but first things first.

Brennan

genups-trailer1lr.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

A drawing would help, but yes I believe all input neutrals need to be tied together and all output neutrals need to be tied together. Input and output neutrals should NOT be tied together.

If you are using the autotransformer to balance loads between phases them the output neutrals of the Multis should probably not be connected to the autotransformer neutral.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brennan-usa avatar image
brennan-usa answered ·

An outside picture of the trailer and solar tracker.

genups-trailer3lr.jpg

genups-trailer3lr.jpg (570.7 KiB)
2 |3000